"Families take a huge step toward positive growth and change the moment they decide to seek support."
N. Kathryn Ravitch, Ph.D, NCSP, Licensed Psychologist
Compassionate and supportive, Dr. Kathryn Ravitch uses a collaborative, solution-focused approach to identify individual and family strengths and develop treatment goals. She provides training, education and age-appropriate skill building to help parents and children navigate real-world challenges, so they can flourish in their daily lives. A nationally certified school psychologist, Dr. Ravitch provides consultation and support for families of children who need special education plans and accommodations.
Her areas of interest include:
- Promoting mental health in children, adolescents and families
- Offering prevention, early identification and evidence-based treatment of social, developmental, behavioral and emotional disorders
- Collaborating with families, schools and primary care providers
- Providing parent training and consultation for parents of toddlers and preschoolers
- Treating learning and behavior problems, toileting issues, bedtime and sleep difficulties, temper tantrums, aggression, anxiety and fears and more
Dr. Ravitch has worked as an outpatient and in-home child and family therapist and a school psychologist. She’s also conducted comprehensive psychological assessments with children of all ages.
Dr. Ravitch received a Ph.D in school psychology from the University of Oregon and a B.A. in psychology from The Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colorado. She completed her predoctoral internship at Applewood Centers, Inc. in Cleveland, Ohio.
Katie enjoys hiking, camping, running, biking and theater.